The Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) is managed by the Guidance and Counseling Program of Universitas Mathla'ul Anwar Banten. The aim of IJEC is to publish works that set trends and provoke fresh thought and innovation in the practice and understanding of counseling, psychotherapy, and guidance to strengthen education. The journal seeks to communicate, enrich and advance theory, research, policy and practice in these fields. Manuscripts are published under four broad headings: (1) psychology of education, (2) counseling and psychotherapy in educational institutions, (3) guidance and development, and (4) cross-disciplinary issues relevant to guidance and counseling. The IJEC has been equipped with ISSN 2541-2779 (print) and ISSN 2541-2787 (online). The journal was published regularly twice a year, in January and July.
For strengthening scientific base and academic spirit in Guidance and Counseling Departement of Mathla’ul Anwar University, Banten, a journal named Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) is launched. The IJEC was built on October 10, 2016 and officially got ISSN printed version and online then stated as a scientific journal on October 19, 2016. The journal published the first edition (Volume 1 Number 1) on January 2017.
The aim of this journal is to publish high-quality articles dedicated to all aspects of the latest outstanding developments in the field of guidance and counseling. The journal seeks to communicate, enrich and advance theory, research, policy and practice in these fields. Manuscripts are published under four broad headings: (1) psychology of education, (2) counseling and psychotherapy in educational institutions, (3) guidance and development, and (4) cross-disciplinary issues relevant to guidance and counseling. It was first published in 2017.
Papers published in the six-monthly journal (January and July):
1) evaluation reports and research findings;
2) conceptual and methodological issues; and/or
3) implications of the above for action; and/or
4) an extensive book reviews section and also occasional reports on counseling and educational materials and equipment.
Submitted papers are evaluated by anonymous referees by double blind peer review for contribution, originality, relevance, and presentation. The Editor shall inform you the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 2 weeks. Please notice that because of the great number of submissions that Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) has received during the last few months the duration of the review process can be up to 3-4 months, with the following stages.
1) Submission of an original manuscript via electronic online submission;
2) Quick and holistic judgement by the IJEC Main Editors whether manuscript fits the Focus and Scope of the Journal and is comprehensible. If it does not, the Author will be notified with an e-mail of rejection;
3) Assignment of 2 managing editors and one Main Editor to the manuscript by the editor-in-chief (or by the deputy editor-in-chief). The role of the Main Editor on the Managing Editors Team to represent the voice of the author (about a week);
4) Quick but more in-depth judgment and decision by the Managing Editors Team on whether the manuscript has to be rejected without sending it to the full scale peer review. The rejection should be based on being out of the Aims and Scope of the journal or on having unsalvageable problems with the quality of its argumentation, grounding, and/or research that would not promise an important contribution and productive dialogue in the educational counseling field (no revision is possible). If the Managing Editors disagree with each other or find the manuscript promising, the manuscript moves to the next step (2 weeks);
5) The Managing Editors Team selects 2 competent reviewers in the appropriate field in or out of the IJEC community and send them the manuscript aiming at 4-week review. If the invited reviewer do not accept the assigned job in a week or two, they have to be replaced with new reviewers. The reviewers provide recommendation to the editors, justifications, and suggestions (if appropriate) based on their own authorial judgment (4-6 weeks);
6) The Managing Editors Team makes their authorial decision informed by the Reviewers’ Comments and their own authorial judgment: (“Decline Submission”, “Resubmit for (new) Review”, “(minor) Revision Required”, or “Accept Submission (as it is)”. If they cannot make the decision, the Editor-in-Chief is assigned to make it (or a Deputy of the Editor-in-Chief depending on circumstances) (1 week);
7) If the manuscript is sent back to the author(s) for major or minor revisions, and the author(s) decide to follow the recommendations and resubmit the revised manuscript, there is a 2-month deadline for resubmissions. If the revisions are not submitted within 2 months, the article will be automatically archived, unless there is a new deadline negotiated with the Managing Editors. In case the author(s) still wishes to pursue the publication in IJEC, they will be asked to create a completely new submission. In case the author(s) decide to withdraw the manuscript they should inform the Managing editors right away.
Submission evaluation criteria:
1) Value or usefulness to field or profession.
2) Adequacy of design/accuracy of analysis.
3) Presentation and interpretation of findings, discussion, and conclusions.
4) Inclusion of appropriate implications for practice and/or policy.
5) Important and timely.
6. Consistency with existing literature.
7) Overall clarity of ideas and expression.
8) References to relevant existing work.
9) Grammatical construction; writing style; use of non-sexist language.
The Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) provides immediate open access to all article on the principle that making research freely available to the public; supports a greater global exchange of knowledge; and invaluable way to maximize the visibility and impact of research, especially guidance and counseling field. This means:
1) Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles published in IJEC;
2) Everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given;
3) Open a oportunity for potential benefits for society, this can improve the research profile of author(s);
4) Open access publication is supported by the authors' institutes or research funding agencies by payment of a comparatively free Article Processing Charge (APC) for accepted articles.
Important Note: some articles (especially Reviews) may contain figures, tables or text taken from other publications, for which IJEC does not hold the copyright or the right to re-license the published material. Please note that you should inquire with the original copyright holder (usually the original publisher or authors), whether or not this material can be re-used.
Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) is fully committed to the cause of digital preservation of scientific research. The digital content of the Journal is extremely valuable and measures are in place to ensure both its current accessibility and long-term preservation.
IJEC articles in digital format are archived on A national library Perpustakaan Nasional RI (Perpusnas)/(Indonesia OneSearch-IOS) and in the Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD). In the future IJEC attempt tomembership in Portico. Portico is a leading digital preservation service worldwide. The content is preserved as an archival version and is not publically accessible via Portico, but is provided when required under specific conditions, such as discontinuation of the collection or catastrophic failure of the website.
All digital Journal content is stored on a secure server which is backed up frequently. In the event of a problem, the back-up will be restored within 24 hours.
Abstracting and Indexing
Just having an article published is not enough. The sheer number of articles out there makes discoverability an essential issue. To be recognized as a first-class source of information, a journal must be widely available. And as most searching is now done online, it is paramount for individual articles and journals to be indexed by leading abstracting and indexing (A&I) services.
IJEC open uses the XML metadata (and full text) format, which is based on NLM DTD, a widely used industry standard that enables automatic data export to a large number of partners. IJEC open closely cooperates with the majority of A&I services, citation indexes, and discovery services such as
The Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) publication ethics and publication malpractice statement is mainly based on Committee on Publication Ethics. The present statement is committed to ensuring publication ethics and quality of articles intended for publication in IJEC. Conformance to standards of ethical behavior is therefore expected of all parties involved: authors, editors, reviewers, and publishers.
Authors should present an objective discussion of the significance of their research work as well as sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
Review articles should also be objective, comprehensive, and accurate accounts of the updated text. Authors must ensure that their work is entirely original, and therefore wherever and whenever the work and/or words of others are used, all instances must be appropriately acknowledged.
Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable. Authors should not submit articles describing essentially the same research to more than one journal. The corresponding author should ensure that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving the final version of the paper and its submission for publication.
For more technically information about Author's duties and submission, please see Author Guidelines.
Editors should evaluate manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit. An editor must not use unpublished information in the editor's own research without the express written consent of the author. Editors should evaluate the manuscripts initially without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, citizenship etc.
Editors should address and take sufficient steps about ethical complaints to the published data and/or methodologies. Further communications should be made to the corresponding authors.
For more technical information about editor duties please read CODE OF CONDUCT AND BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR JOURNAL EDITORS
All manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the paper. Any appointed reviewer who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript, or is otherwise aware that a prompt review will be impossible, should notify the editor and step down from the review process. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Suggested information for COPE:
Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling (IJEC) grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to: (1) view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser; (2) copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory, and; (3) print pages from this website for your use.
All articles published by IJEC are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This permits anyone to copy, redistribute, remix, transmit and adapt the work provided the original work and source is appropriately cited.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling allow the author(s) to hold the copyright and to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
This journal charges the following author fees.
The Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling does not have article processing charges (APCs).
The Indonesian Journal of Educational Counseling does not have article submission charges.
Article Publication: 0.00 (IDR)